You know the feeling. The bill’s been paid after an incredible meal, but you and your crew of favourite foodies are just not ready to end a fabulous night out. There’s a simple fix to that problem. Pair your restaurant with a room or two at a nearby hotel, inn, or bed and breakfast. Here are some of our favourite blends of restaurants and rooms in Hamilton Halton Brant for your next gourmet getaway with friends.
A Wine Lover’s Escarpment Escape
Spend a delightful day wine tasting at Leaning Post Wines, Ridge Road Estate Winery, and Puddicombe Estate Farm Winery and Cider. If you’d prefer someone else to curate the day’s touring route, consider Tasty Road Trip’s Road To The Ridge: Tastes of the Escarpment self-guided tour, which includes stops for wine, cheese tasting, lunch and more.
When the day’s touring is complete, settle in for a decadent meal at a nearby restaurant with a great wine list before calling it a night at a cozy hotel.
- Aberdeen Tavern, in Hamilton, offers a broad selection of wines by both the glass and the bottle and would pair perfectly with The Francis Ford Coppola-themed room (room 511) at Hamilton’s C Hotel by Carmen’s.
- Son Of A Peach Pizzeria in Burlington has a top-notch list of wines to complement its delicious hand-forged, farm-to-table pizzas that will pair perfectly with a King Jacuzzi Guestroom at Burlington’s Waterfront Hotel.
- Cavallo Nero, in Ancaster, has an extensive selection of wines from Niagara, Italy and California to accompany its casual fine dining menu that will pair perfectly with the Royal Suite at The Barracks Inn in Ancaster.
A Craft Beer Lover’s Tasty Tour
Hamilton Halton Brant’s True Brew Path provides hours of pint potential for ale and lager lovers looking to try something new. Plenty of these breweries are knocking it out of the park when it comes to the food they’re serving too.
- The Paris Beer Company’s Scratch Kitchen has a tasty selection of shareable plates and hearty mains that are well worth a stop. Match your meal with a luxury cabin alongside the Grand River at Chiefswood Park.
- Shawn and Ed Brewing Company, in Dundas, serves up a selection of sensational wood-fired beer pies that complement their pints, like the Studebaker with maple-caramelized onions, Honey Crisp apples, blue cheese and prosciutto. Be sure to leave time to take the Brewery Tour while you’re there! Match up your meal with an over-the-top spa suite at The High Acre in Dundas.
- Bell City Brewing, in Brantford, has a delicious selection of pub fare-inspired dishes, including buttery pretzel bites and burgers. Match your meal up with a signature Beer Soak spa treatment at Grand Wellness Day Spa, followed by a restful slumber at TownePlace Suites Brantford.
A Plant-Based Graze
Hamilton Halton Brant is home to several sensational vegetarian and vegan restaurants. Read this article for six different suggestions that pair up plant-based plates with nearby pints and outdoor ways to play. Blend your plant-based tour with our hot summer travel deals to score savings at area hotels.
A Suite French Food Foray
There’s no need to fly across the Atlantic to enjoy delicious French-inspired cuisine. Hamilton Halton Brant has some stellar chefs doing amazing things with time-honoured French favourites.
- In Hamilton’s Hess Village, Resto Chez Chloe delivers on its promise of French casual at its finest. After dinner, retreat to a suite with all the comforts of home at Staybridge Suites Hamilton Downtown. Fancy a before-bed fright? Sign up for a Downtown Hamilton Ghost Walk.
- Oakville’s Hexagon offers modern French cuisine in a spectacular dinner tasting menu or a la carte for lunch and Sunday brunch. After dinner, retreat to a spacious suite at Holiday Inn Oakville.
- Juniper Dining Co., in Paris (Ontario), serves up modern fine dining inspired by French bistros and Lyonnaise cuisine, including raw oysters, bone marrow and steak tartare. After dinner, retreat to a themed suite at Paris’ Arlington Hotel. To get a more extensive taste of the Paris, Ontario food scene, try Tasty Road Trips’ Explore Paris Like A Local tour.
- Foodies have been flocking to Quatrefoil for over a decade to enjoy contemporary French cuisine in the heart of historic Dundas. After dinner, settle in for the night at the Country Dome Retreat, located within walking distance of Webster’s Falls.