Go behind the scenes for unrivalled access during this privately guided tour with a Game Warden to witness the morning routines of some of the park’s most majestic animals! Witness a pride of African lions devouring their morning meal!
Then go off road in a rugged “open air” truck on an incredible tour of the African savannah! Experience exclusive, close views of the simmering stripes of grazing zebra, hear the thunder of rhino walking by and look giraffe in the eye! Imagine the thrill of hand feeding a giraffe!
This unique opportunity is limited to those booked on the exclusive Wake Up The Wild tour!
Arrival: 8:30 a.m.
Tour Departs: 9:00 a.m. SHARP and concludes 11:00 a.m. (NOTE: There is only ONE tour departure offered daily. Unfortunately, those arriving late cannot be accommodated on another tour that day).
You are welcome to explore African Lion Safari after the completion of the tour; drive through the large Game Reserves again in your own vehicle; enjoy exciting bird and animal presentations including Parrot Paradise, Birds of Prey Flying Demonstration and Elephant Round-Up; see Canada’s largest herd of Asian elephants parade to Recreation Lake for their daily Elephant Swim; enjoy a cruise aboard the “African Queen” boat and journey on the “Nature Boy” scenic railway.
- Advanced reservations required. Click the link above to book or call African Lion Safari at (800) 461-WILD (9453).
- Maximum of 12 guests per tour. Minimum of 6 guests required for tour to proceed. Tour is subject to availability.
- Minimum age permitted to participate is 8 years; must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
- All guests must be in good physical health, have full body control, hand-eye coordination and be able to walk independently, without walking aids or medical devices.
- No open-toed shoes permitted. Appropriate attire suggested for outdoor experience.
- Wake Up the Wild is an all-weather event, however during periods of inclement weather please call 519-623-2620 to check the status of your tour. African Lion Safari reserves the right to cancel due to inclement weather, animal health, and/or safety concerns. In the event of cancellation, efforts will be made to reschedule another date. No refunds.
- During cold periods and/or severe weather some species may not be on display.
- Animal feeding opportunities are not guaranteed.
- Additional terms and conditions.