- Charming streetscapes for relaxed window shopping ✔️
- A sunny fall afternoon cruising the currents of Lake Ontario ✔️
- A spin on golf, literally ✔️
Take It Outside
Round up your fishing buddies and spend a fresh fall afternoon fishing or pleasure cruising on Lake Ontario. Osprey Charter Fishing will take care of all the details and gear for a fall day on the water fishing for salmon and trout.
Do Something Unexpected
While Oakville’s Glen Abbey has hosted the Canadian Open 28 times and should be on the must-play list of any avid golfer, that’s not the only way to hit the links here! Give disc golf a try at Bronte Creek Provincial Park. The 18-hole course features a mix of wide, open, long shots and short, tight shots. You’ll need to bring your own discs.
Score One-of-a-kind Finds
Explore Oakville’s distinctive shopping districts to determine which one’s unique vibe is right for you. Bronte Village overflows with waterfront charm. Downtown Oakville offers upscale sophistication. Kerr Village has a low key, funky feel.
Stock The Trunk With Fall Flavours
If you’re in Oakville on a Saturday morning, be sure to stop by the Dorval Crossing Civitan Farmer’s Market for a wonderful selection of fresh fall produce. Oakville is also home to a fantastic selection of specialty food shops, including cheese shops, butchers, olive oil vendors, organic shops, coffee roasters and more.
Sip Something New
Cameron’s Brewing is an Oakville craft brewery boasting award-winning products that have been recognized over 200 times at local, national and worldwide brewing awards. Enjoy some patio sipping while the weather is still on our side!
Settle In For A Tasty Meal
One of the best ways to find a community’s best restaurants is to follow the locals. Enjoy something delicious at one of Oakville’s past Taste of the Town Award winners:
- Cove Bar & Restaurant serves delicious gastropub and seafood favourites overlooking Bronte Harbour.
- Buca di Bacco offers fine Italian cuisine in the heart of Downtown Oakville.
- The Flavour Fox is a Bronte Village favourite that makes fun twists on classic ice cream flavours like toasted marshmallow, salted peanut butter and strawberry basil. They also offer vegan options.
- Sandwich Society makes delicious Tuscan-style sandwiches with signature spreads like Truffle Pecorino, Artichoke Mint and Roasted Fennel Pecorino. They also offer rustic picnic baskets and grazing baskets that pair perfectly with a fall day in one of Oakville’s many public parks.
Explore A Little More
Round out your fall escape in Oakville with additional activity ideas from Visit Oakville, Bronte Village, Kerr Village and Downtown Oakville. To explore a little more of what’s nearby, consider cruising through neighbouring communities, including Burlington and Halton Hills.