- Charming streetscapes for relaxed window shopping ✔️
- A sunny fall afternoon cruising the currents of Lake Ontario ✔️
- A spin on golf, literally ✔️
Take It Outside
Round up your bubble buddies and spend a fresh fall afternoon fishing or pleasure cruising on Lake Ontario. Hearn’s Fishing Charters offers a two-hour group Pleasure Cruise for up to 8 people. Osprey Charter Fishing will take care of all of the details and gear for a fall day on the water fishing for salmon and trout.
Do Something Unexpected
While Oakville’s Glen Abbey has hosted the Canadian Open 28 times and should be on the must-play list of any avid golfer, that’s not the only way to hit the links here! Give disc golf a try at Bronte Creek Provincial Park. The 18-hole course features a mix of wide, open, long shots and short, tight shots. You’ll need to bring your own discs.
Stock The Trunk With Fall Flavours
If you’re in Oakville on a Saturday morning, be sure to stop by the Dorval Crossing Civitan Farmer’s Market for a wonderful selection of fresh fall produce. Oakville is also home to an amazing selection of specialty food shops, including cheese shops, butchers, olive oil vendors, organic shops, coffee roasters and more.
Score One-of-a-kind Finds
Explore Oakville’s distinctive shopping districts to determine which one’s unique vibe is right for you. Bronte Village overflows with waterfront charm. Downtown Oakville offers upscale sophistication. Kerr Village has a low key, funky feel.
Find independent retailers that have persevered through tough times to supply local products and support local makers.
Sip Something New
Cameron’s Brewing is an Oakville craft brewery boasting award-winning products that have been recognized over 200 times at local, national and worldwide brewing awards. Enjoy some patio sipping while the weather is still on our side!
Settle In For A Tasty Meal
One of the best ways to find a community’s best restaurants is to follow the locals. Oakville’s 2020 Taste of the Town Award winners have been chosen as the city’s cream of the crop and are a great place to start!
- Best Pizza: Pic-A-Deli is an old-school Oakville landmark that’s been serving up real home cooking for over three decades.
- Best Ice Cream: The Flavour Fox is a Bronte Village favourite that makes fun twists on classic flavours like toasted marshmallow, salted peanut butter and strawberry basil. They also offer vegan options.
- Best Sandwich: Sandwich Society makes delicious Tuscan-style sandwiches with signature spreads like Truffle Pecorino, Artichoke Mint and Roasted Fennel Pecorino. They also offer rustic picnic baskets and grazing baskets that pair perfectly with a fall day in one of Oakville’s many public parks.
As voting for the 2020 Awards is still in process, for more best-bet dining suggestions. including Best Brunch, Best Burger, Best Patio and Best Wine Menu, check out the list of 2019 Taste of the Town Award winners here.
Explore A Little More
Round out your fall escape in Oakville with additional activity ideas from Visit Oakville, Bronte Village, Kerr Village and Downtown Oakville. To explore a little more of what’s nearby, consider cruising through neighbouring communities, including Burlington and Halton Hills.