Route Length: 2 km
Duration: 2-3 hours
Available: April-November… you can choose your own start time
This adventure starts with a 1 km guided walk learning wild edible plants and trees along the way. We arrive at the challenge area… try the fresh water springs… and then the contest begins.
- Each team is given a selection of wild edible plants, cooking utensils, a bag of rice and a trout.
- On the word “go”… each team has to build a fire, prepare the edibles, and cook the rice.
- Then they have to “gut” the trout and stuff it with the rice and wild edibles to do a “Master Chef” cook-off.
- After a set time… the judging guides evaluate each team based on food presentation, taste and efficiency of teamwork.
- Winner is announced… and then the teams devour their efforts!
Prices: $25 per person plus HST (minimum price $240 per group)
- Interpretive Hiking Guide
- Safety Orientation Talk
- All cooking utensils
- Rice, spices, edibles, drinking water and trout
- site user & washroom fee
- Picnic site rental
- Gas BBQ rentals
- Meal Catering
- Guest Speakers
How To Book: Because this is a customized program, you cannot book online. Please email us or call our office to arrange.e to arrange your school trip.