Number of People per Boat: one per boat.
Suggested Paddling Skills for this Boat: Beginner-Novice-Experienced
- Beginners are people that have none or little paddling experience
- Novices are people that have paddled on lakes, but not moving water
- Experienced are people comfortable paddling in river currents
Suggested Ages: 3 years and up. If small children, we supply straps to tether the child’s tube to the adult’s tube
Suggested Weight: up to 300 lbs
This Boat Can Be Used On These Trips: Glen Morris is the best if bringing children or not a strong paddler. The Paris to Brant Trip is a more enduring paddle in tubes, because of no current for the last 1.5 kms. The Cambridge Trip is not an option for tubing because it is too long.
Price of Boat and Persons (HST tax not included):
- Glen Morris to Paris 11.5 km: $36 per person, if six or more people it is $32 per person.
- Paris to Brant Park 13 km: $36 per person, if six or more people it is $32 per person.
- boat, paddle, life-jacket, safety kit
- one dry bag per group
- river map & orientation talk
- shuttle ride to start point
- free parking & picnic area
- water refill for bring your own bottle
- Blue Canoe customer discounts in Paris
- Guides are available, but few people take them. The guides are there to teach about the valley, a guide is $150
- Campsites available at end point
What to Bring:
- Good sunscreen, hat, sun glasses, retainer string for eye glasses, water & snacks, gloves if hands blister easily, lip balm.
- Bring footwear you don’t mind getting wet… the river bottom is rocky.
- If you burn easy… long sleeves and pants… otherwise swim suits or clothes that dry quickly. Denim jeans are not a good idea… they stay wet forever!
- If cooler weather… dress in layers so you can strip down as you get hot.
How Your Trip Works:
- You can book online “Book Now” or please contact us directly by phone 519-442-2519 or email… we host over 40,000 people yearly… we have 3 people answering phones… so be patient if calling.
- Once booked… we will send you a confirmation with what to bring and where to meet
- Upon arrival, there are portable washrooms & change rooms, register at our desk, then get equipped, do an orientation talk about your trip and map.
- Once everyone is ready… we shuttle you upstream… you get your boat… then paddle down the river to the exit point where your vehicle is parked.
Weather & Cancellation Policies:
Final price is based on headcount given 48 hours out from date of event.
If cancellation is given 48 hours in advance, there is a full deposit refund.
If bad weather… we will contact you by 7am that morning or decide the night before.
Your group has 3 choices if bad weather:
- Move start time around
- Choose another date
- Get a full refund