Experience some of Canada’s most biodiverse nature in the historic Grand River Valley.
Located where the Grand and Nith Rivers meet, Paris is the County of Brant’s largest urban centre.
This two-day experience features an interpretive hike where you will discover some of Canada’s most biodiverse nature in the historic Grand River Valley.
Treat yourself, gift it to a friend or loved one, or say thank you to a colleague or employee.
- One-night accommodation at The Arlington Hotel, a historic boutique hotel
- Continental breakfast at The Arlington Hotel
- A guided hike of The Grand River – 4 hours with approximately 6 km hike plus interpretative experiences (minimum 6 hikers required to guarantee departure). Your guide will be Jamie Kent or one of his experienced team members – providing outdoor adventure for visitors from across the world. A a Paddle Canada Instructor-Trainer, Jamie trains other canoe instructors & specializes in instructional trips for clients. He is also a Certified True Colours Trainer in interpersonal skills and combines 35 years of business, training, and adventure experience to operator corporate team building adventures.
1 Night and 2 Days – $309.00 per couple, CAD, plus tax
Valid for stays from Wednesday to Sunday until April 1, 2021 (based on availability)
- The price listed is per couple. We are able to customize this package to add or subtract nights and inclusions.
- Once purchased, please contact Omega Tours to confirm your dates and availability
Paris was voted “the Prettiest Little Town in Canada” by Harrowsmith Magazine, so it comes as no surprise thousands of visitors take in this beautiful, quaint, heartwarming town all year long. Whether it’s covered with lush Carolinian foliage, exploding with the colours of a fall palate, a Holiday postcard setting complete with church spires dusted in a light covering of snow, or a spring fairy tale riverside scene, time spent in Paris is always an experience cherished.
On Day 2 at 9:00 am, explore nature & early Canadian Culture with us in the historic Grand River Valley. A Canadian Heritage River & South Ontario’s largest, the Grand runs 300 km thru Waterloo Region, Brantford & Six Nations Reserve, and is home to some of South Ontario’s largest forests.
Our interpretative hikes take you off the beaten path to explore some of Canada’s most biodiverse landscapes with rare Carolinian Forest & Tall-grass Prairie few know exist in Ontario. Our knowledgeable guide will lead you to experience discovering a rare bald eagle nest, view a large Blue Heron Rookery, or hear an Osprey scream in an unspoiled nature reserve. With its Heritage designation, the Grand is rich First Nations history & legends plus stories of early settlers your Guide will share with you.
Afterward, the Cultural experience continues with the Après Hike, relaxing in an authentic riverside cafe or pub, exploring First Nations culture, or immersing yourself in the historic charm of a heritage hotel. Hiking the Grand River Valley is a Grand Experience.