A Complete Introduction to Fly Fishing Have you ever dreamed of standing on the edge of a river, silently casting a hand tied fly to an unsuspecting fish? This course gives youth and adults a complete introduction to the fly fishing experience. Our goal is to simplify fly fishing techniques and demystify the sport as well as create a fun learning environment where all questions have merit.
Outline of Course Material:
- Introduction to fly fishing equipment: rods, reels, lines.
- Set up and Knots: backing line, fly line, leaders, tippets.
- Casting Instruction and Technique: This will include basic techniques for, overhead casting, roll casting, and mending.
- On River Instruction: focus on set ups and fly presentation for dry fly, nymphing, streamer and swinging flies.
- Basic Entomology, and Choosing a Fly Pattern: insect hatches, timing, life cycles, and when and why trout feed.
- Reading the Water: holding water, finding fish, and where to position your self for a cast.
- Safety, Conservation and Etiquette.
- Equipment Recommendations, and where to purchase.
Prices for the Five Hour Course with equipment included:
- Number of casters: one caster two casters three to four casters
- Cost per person. $325.00 $170.00ea. $120.00ea
- *Lunch and Beverages are not included in above rates.
Have a large group, please email or call for quote.