Paddle & camp with the Haudenosaunee, the Six Nations of the Grand River Territories in Ontario.
This amazing educational experience is called “Two Row on the Grand”. The purpose is to re-polish the chain of friendship while paddling the Grand River for 2-9 days.
“Two Row on the Grand” is about Good Minds… Good Words… Good Actions. Each day the group paddles in two lines, one representing the Allies and the other line representing the Haudenosaunee Nation.
This unique nine-day cultural paddle is entering its 5th year. The total trip covers 140 kilometers… which can be done in day segments or its entirety.
HOW IT WORKS
Each day starts with breakfast… ceremonial Thanksgiving… launch in canoes or kayaks… stop for supplied lunch… continue paddling to campsite where camp is setup and dinner served. After dinner, there is a cultural teaching and an evening campfire… followed by lights out.
Included is a logistic road support team to move the camping & personal gear, plus provide the meals for each day.
The journey starts in the city of Cambridge, and ends at Port Maitland, on Lake Erie.
PACKAGES & PRICES
Registration is limited to 160 people per day.
Advanced reservations required… open for registration March 1, 2020. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This Indigenous paddle has four packages to choose from (you can also join the day packages together):
- Nine days… July 22 to July 30, 2020 (140 kms)
2. Three days… July 22 to July 24, 2020 (50 kms)
3. Two days (the weekend)… July 25-26, 2020 (25 kms). The 2nd day offers the opportunity to paddle to the largest Powwow in Ontario.
4. Four Days… July 27-30 (65 kms)
The cost of participation is $65 per day per adult. If 10 years or under, it is $45 for children. Cost includes meals, indigenous teachings, guest speakers, campsite and logistical support.
Participation cost does not include canoe, kayak or camping equipment.
BOAT RENTALS IF YOU DON”T HAVE YOUR OWN BOAT
You can bring your own boat… or rent canoes, tandem kayaks or single kayaks from Grand River Rafting.
- Canoe or tandem kayak rentals… 2-3 days $175 4-9 days $350 (includes all equipment, plus delivery & pickup of boats, no tax)
2. Single kayak rentals… 2-3 days $125 4-9 days $250 (includes all equipment, plus delivery & pickup of boats, no tax)
If needing a canoe or kayak please email Grand River Rafting at email@example.com