You know the feeling. The bill’s been paid after an incredible meal, but you’re just not ready to end a fabulous night out. This spring, Ontario’s Staycation Tax Credit offers the perfect excuse to linger a little longer. Here are some of our favourite pairings of restaurants and rooms in Hamilton Halton Brant.
A Wine Lover’s Escarpment Escape
After a day of wine tasting at Leaning Post Wines, Ridge Road Estate Winery, and Puddicombe Estate Farm Winery and Cider, settle in for a decadent meal at a nearby restaurant with a great wine list before calling it a night at a cozy hotel.
- Aberdeen Tavern, in Hamilton, offers a broad selection of wines by both the glass and the bottle and would pair perfectly with The Francis Ford Coppola-themed room (room 511) at Hamilton’s C Hotel by Carmen’s.
- Son Of A Peach Pizzeria in Burlington has a top-notch list of wines to complement its delicious hand-forged, farm-to-table pizzas that will pair perfectly with a King Jacuzzi Guestroom at Burlington’s Waterfront Hotel.
- Cavallo Nero, in Ancaster, has an extensive selection of wines from Niagara, Italy and California to accompany its casual fine dining menu that will pair perfectly with the Royal Suite at The Barracks Inn In Ancaster.
A Craft Beer Lover’s Tasty Tour
Hamilton Halton Brant’s True Brew Path provides hours of pint potential for ale and lager lovers looking to try something new. Plenty of these breweries are knocking it out of the park when it comes to the food they’re serving too.
- The Paris Beer ‘s Scratch Kitchen has a tasty selection of shareable plates and hearty mains that include a Brewer’s Burger with a duck confit croquette that you have to taste to believe. Match your meal with a luxury cabin alongside the Grand River at Chiefswood Park.
- Shawn and Ed Brewing Company, in Dundas, serves up a selection of sensational beer pies that complement their pints, like the barrelSHED Amber Ale Beer Pie with San Marzano tomato and basil sauce, mozzarella, prosciutto, Honey Crisp apple chunks, crumbled blue cheese and caramelized onions. Match your meal up with a cozy room and tasty breakfast the next morning at Osler House in Dundas.
- Bell City Brewing, in Brantford, has a delicious selection of dishes, including some very decadent miniature Yorkshire Puddings stuffed with stout-braised beef. Match your meal up with a signature Beer Soak spa treatment at Grand Wellness Day Spa, followed by a restful slumber at Towneplace Suites Brantford.
A Plant-Based Graze
Hamilton Halton Brant is home to several sensational vegetarian and vegan restaurants. Read this article for six different suggestions that pair up plant-based plates with nearby pints and outdoor ways to play. Blend your plant-based tour with our StayTripping hotel offers to score a $50 or $100 VISA gift card to put toward your meal.
A Suite French Food Foray
There’s no need to fly across the Atlantic to enjoy delicious French-inspired cuisine. Hamilton Halton Brant has some stellar chefs doing amazing things with time-honoured French favourites.
- In Hamilton’s Hess Village, Resto Chez Chloe delivers on its promise of French casual at its finest with favourites like lobster-stuffed crepes and Coq au Vin. After dinner, retreat to a suite with all the comforts of home at Staybridge Suites Hamilton Downtown.
- Oakville’s Hexagon offers modern French cuisine in a spectacular dinner tasting menu or a la carte for lunch and Sunday brunch. After dinner, retreat to a spacious suite at Holiday Inn Oakville.
- Juniper Dining Co., in Paris (Ontario), serves up modern fine dining inspired by French bistros and Lyonnaise cuisine, including raw oysters, bone marrow and steak tartare. After dinner, retreat to a themed suite at Paris’ Arlington Hotel.
- Foodies have been flocking to Quatrefoil for over a decade to enjoy contemporary French cuisine in the heart of historic Dundas. After dinner, The Retreat on Witherspoon, a historic suite within strolling distance of downtown Dundas, awaits.
Are you looking for additional getaway ideas for spring? Check out our Pick, Pick, Go article for helpful tips and tricks for pairing your ideal escape with special savings and fantastic spring events.